The tender God of comfort - Isaiah 40:1-2
This is a sermon by Peter Birnie from the Riverside Church service on 10th January 2021.
Click here to read the bible passage (opens in new window).
Home Group Questions on Isaiah 40 v1+2 “The Tender God of Comfort”
1) Why do we often feel that God’s heart is hard towards us? Are you surprised in verse 1 that God wants to comfort his people and speak so tenderly to them?
2) What circumstances in your own life leave you needing God’s comfort right now? (Maybe take some time in Home Group to pray for each other at this point)
3) How does verse 2 (and the context of Isaiah 40) reassure you that even your own sin isn’t a barrier to God loving you and treating you tenderly?
4) Why does God treat his people with such love? How should this challenge us when we make the mistake of trying to clean up our own sin or earning God’s favour?
5) What practical, day to day decisions can we make so that 2021 is a year filled with us listening to God’s tender words rather than being crushed by the brokenness of this world?
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.