Christmas brings hope - Luke 2:21-40
This is a sermon by Peter Birnie from the Riverside Church service on 13th December 2020.
Click here to read the bible passage (opens in new window).
Luke 2 v 21-40 “Christmas brings Hope” Home Group Questions
- How good are you at waiting? How should the great things Christians are looking forward to help us to wait with expectation and excitement rather than impatience and frustration?
- Why could Simeon recognise who Jesus was (verse 25-27)? How does this help and instruct us when we see so many people we love living without hope in Jesus?
- What comfort and consolations (verse 25 and 29-32) does Jesus bring to those who put their faith in him? Which of these do you need to spend more time thinking about and praying for?
- Why does Simeon moves from Christmas in verses 28-32 to Easter in verses 34-35. Why is this so important for us to do as well and how can we go about this in the lead up to Christmas?
- How attractive is Anna’s life to you (verse 36-38)? Considering the reality of God’s promises, why has Anna’s life not been a wasted one?
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.