Christmas brings us freedom from judgement - Luke 2:1-20
This is a sermon by Abraham Overvoorde from the Riverside Church service on 6th December 2020.
Click here to read the bible passage (opens in new window).
Home group questions:
1. How does it make you feel to hear that the lowly, despised shepherd were the first people that the angel announced Jesus’ birth to? (v8-9)
2. The angel announces the birth of Jesus and tells the shepherds who he will be. Why is it so important that Jesus was described as Saviour, Messiah (Christ) and Lord and not just one of these? (v10-11)
3. The shepherds response was immediate in going to find Jesus and one of joy in telling people what they had heard. What holds us back from coming to God’s word and finding out more about Jesus and sharing his good news with others (v15-17)
4. How do you feel about the response of all the people to the news the shepherds shared? How does it compare to today? (v18)
5. Have you lost your joy and amazement for God? How can we rediscover that joy and amazement and help one another to look to the good news of Jesus. (Consider verses 19-20)
There is no charge for our sermon recordings, but if you'd like to help with our costs, please make a donation.
Copyright information: The sermon recordings are copyright and are available for personal use only. Sermon media provided by Newland Media. If you wish to use them in other ways, please contact us for permission.