Prayer points for November
- Pray for wisdom as we deal with the lockdown restrictions and seek to live well for God's glory.
- Pray that all members of the church family will be active in encouraging, supporting and pointing one another to Jesus in the coming difficult weeks.
- Pray that we would find ways to show God's love to the estates around us in lockdown.
- Pray that many unbelievers would engage in the evangelistic event on the 27th November.
- Pray for the sharing of the evangelistic videos by members of the church family. Pray we will be bold and zealous with the gospel.
- Continue to pray for the advent sermon series, that it would be engaging for unbelievers and that many around us will engage with it as we go towards Christmas.
- Pray for the network-wide crib-service style videos to have a productive impact as we share them near Christmas.
Senior members prayer points
- Thank God for our seniors and for all that they bring to our church family. Thank him for the strong relationships between them, for their strong faith and their godly example to us all.
- Pray that they would be good witnesses to their family, friends and neighbours and that they would continue to encourage those who are growing in their faith.
- Thank God for the seniors who have joined us from St Faith's - pray that they will feel settled and get to know the Riverside church family.
- Pray for those who are shielding at home, that they would know God's peace as we live with the virus.
- Thank God for the technology which enables those shielding to connect with us as we hear God's word and worship him together.
- Pray for all those who are unwell at the moment - we think especially of Marie and Dave as he cares for her.
- Pray for all those in a caring role - particularly Margaret looking after Ron. Pray that they would know God's sovereignty throughout this time of trial.
- Pray for those who are worried by family concerns, that they would know God's wisdom and guidance and be patient ant loving as they care for their family.
Prayer points for mission partners
- Pray for the work of Compassion UK; they facilitate the long-term sponsoring of children in need across the world, pray they keep the gospel central in all they do.
- Pray that support won't dry up during this crisis.
- Pray for Open Doors, an organisation that highlights the persecution and trials Christians are facing across the world.
- In particular pray for pastor Badal Jay and his wife in Bangladesh, and Christians in Turkey.
- Pray for the Pett family working for MAF in Australia - Covid has limited some of MAF's activities but praise God planes are flying to Papua New Guinea again.
- Pray for David and Jen's service in their local church, ask that God would add new believers.
- Pray for their daughter-in-law Joanna to get a teaching job, pray for Jen's health (medical tests).
- Pray for good rest for Hilary P that allows her to serve God energetically in Hull.